Have you seen our latest statistic? 78% of Lodi High School students agree they can resist negative peer pressure and dangerous situations (Youth Risk Behavior Survey 2013 = 384). Although that's great news, it is still very important for parents and their children to be in constant communication and to remain connected.
NEW!! Is your child struggling with an addiction? Do you need help but aren't sure where to turn? Check out our new Parent Resource Guide. There are several local and national resources listed that can help.
Here are some other great resources for parents and caregivers:
- Parent Addiction Network - Provides resources for parents/caregivers in Dane County.
- Drug Free Action Alliance - Provides resources on several different topics.
- Family Checkup: Positive Parenting Prevents Drug Abuse - The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) helps parents practice positive parenting skills.
- Get Smart About Drugs - A drug education website for parents, educators, and caregivers.
- Know! Program Parent Tip Sign Up - By taking the Pledge, parents receive tips and information on how to help their children. The Know! Program empowers parents to raise their children to be substance-free.
- 40 Developmental Assets for Adolescents - The Search Institute has identified the following building blocks of healthy development—known as Developmental Assets—that help young children grow up healthy, caring, and responsible. You can also access lists for children of other ages.