What is the "Parent Pledge"?
As a parent, you are a role model for your child(ren). Your views on alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs can strongly influence how child(ren) think about them. The "Parent Pledge" is a tool you can use to begin the conversation with your child(ren) about your family rules regarding alcohol and other substances. It is also an agreement from parents to their child(ren) and other parents, making it clear that youth will not have access to alcohol or other drugs in their home and communication with other parents is welcome.
LCAT asks you to complete the following form if you agree to the following 5-point promise. Please feel free to print, sign and even display in your home to share with your child(ren) that you have taken the Parent Pledge!
I AGREE TO THIS 5-POINT PROMISE:
1) I promise to not knowingly allow minors to consume alcohol or other drugs in my home.
2) I encourage other parents to contact me when their child will be at my home and to ask about child activities and supervision at my home.
3) I promise to pick up my child if they are in danger and need a ride home. Questions can wait until the next morning.
4) I promise to talk to my child about where they are going, what they are doing, whom they are with and when they will be home.
5) I promise to talk to my child about the dangers of using controlled substances including prescription drugs.