Is your child struggling with an addiction? Do you need help but aren't sure where to turn? Check out our Parent Resource Guide. There are several local and national resources listed that can help.
Here are some other great resources for parents and caregivers:
- Parent Addiction Network - Provides resources for parents/caregivers in Dane County.
- Drug Free Action Alliance - Provides resources on several different topics.
- Family Checkup: Positive Parenting Prevents Drug Abuse - The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) helps parents practice positive parenting skills.
- Get Smart About Drugs - A drug education website for parents, educators, and caregivers.
- 40 Developmental Assets for Adolescents - The Search Institute has identified the following building blocks of healthy development—known as Developmental Assets—that help young children grow up healthy, caring, and responsible. You can also access lists for children of other ages.
- Addiction Center - Provides a comprehensive list of useful resources, including information on Wisconsin's drug laws and treatment facilities.
Local Municipality Websites:
- Village of Arlington
- Village of Dane
- Town of Dekorra
- City of Lodi
- Town of Lodi
- Town of Roxbury
- Town of Vienna
- Town of West Point
Additionally, Columbia County has a Resource Guide, which is produced by Columbia County Health & Human Services. Listed is everything from family resources to crisis programs to general county/city information. Click here to view the Resource Guide.
Community Presentations & Town Hall Meetings
The Lodi Community Action Team hosts several community presentations throughout the year on a wide range of topics ranging from Drug Awareness to Adolescent Brain Development to Spiritual Wellness. To find out about upcoming Community Presentations, visit our Contact page.
Town Hall Meetings are held periodically in order to bring our community to discuss issues, concerns, goals, achievements and upcoming events. This is a chance for organizations, businesses, and individuals to come together and address the needs of our community. When we schedule a Town Hall Meeting, it will be listed on our calendar on the Contact page.
Youth Risk behavior Survey (YRBS)
The Youth Risk Behavior Survey is administered every two years to grades 6 through 12 in the Lodi School District. All school districts in Columbia County, as well as a majority of school districts around the state, participate in this survey. The YRBS allows us to get insight into the behaviors and perceptions of our youth. This information is used by the Lodi Community Action Team and the School District of Lodi to develop programs and opportunities for our students and community to better understand and deal with the issues facing our teens.
In 2013, the first Community Survey was administered by the Lodi Community Action Team. The survey was completed by over 600 individuals from around our community. The Community Survey in conjunction with the YRBS allows us to have a better picture of the issues, perceptions and beliefs of both our students and community members.
The LCAT Speakers Bureau has the ability to present on a wide range of topics for your group or organization. Some of the topics are:
- Youth Leadership
- Drug Awareness
- Beverage Server Training
- Driver Training Talks
- Other Topics
To book a speaker, please contact Paula Enger at 608-334-7976