I will like to put out a big thanks to everyone that attended the Summit on Youth last night. We had some really good discussions and a lot of great ideas for moving foreward. If you missed the meeting last night, you will have another chance on Thursday November 18th at 5 PM at the Rec Center. We will be continueing our discussions and putting some plans in place for the future. Here are just a few of the ideas that came from last nights meeting:
- We need to find a way to get parents more engauged and educated on how they can help create an environment for healthy choices.
- Get sports organization to have rules regarding alcohol at youth related activities and celebrations.
- Look into required parent or gardian participation in Every 15min before Prom.
- All youth organizations will have more success with issues involving teens, drugs, and alcohol if we work together.
- Research creating a Teen Drop in Center, utilizing the Rec Center more, and getting Mentors for teens.
Again these are just a few of the topics discussed. We will work in the comming months to put more concrete plans in place. Let's keep this discussion going!