It's the new year and I hope that you and your family had a happy holiday season. I am not one for New Years resolutions, but I do like to reflect on the accomplishments of the last year and set some goals for the new year. So in that spirit, I thought it would be good for us to look at all we have done and what we can do. In 2010
- We held our First Town Hall meeting - K.I.D.S..
- With the Leadership of Curt Hossmen and Patrick Drury we conducted 2 Drug Dropoff days to collect prescription drugs and created a permanent drop box at the Lodi Police Station.
- With Susan Manak and Kristina Streeter at the helm we had another successful year with the Parents Who Host, Lose the Most Program.
- We increased our Parent Pledge Program from 20 kids in 2009 to 88 kids in 2010.
- Conducted our First Lodi Summit on Youth to bring together various groups that work with youth in Lodi.
- Kicked our website presence and eMailing list into high gear.
- We started using the information from the Choices Survey to get the word out on Drug and Alcohol use in the Lodi Area.
- Started a new partnership with the Lodi Sports and Recreation Center.
It was a busy year and I would like to thank everyone that participated or attended any of our functions; put signs out; and encoraged others to participate. My hope is that 2011 will hold even more opportunities and it already looks like it will. Here are just a few of the things we can look forward to;
- Getting the City and Town to pass ordinances on Synthetic Cannabis and Social Hosting. (more coming on this shortly)
- More Drug Roundup days with the first being on Saturday January 15th from 10 Am - 2 PM.
- Another year with Parents Who Host, Lose the Most.
- Increase our Parent Pledge participation to 150 Kids.
- More Town Hall and Youth Summit Meetings.
Probably the biggest news for the coming year is the potential for LCAT to receive a Federal Grant that could be as much as $125,000 a year for 5 years. We will be applying for this grant over the coming months. You can find out more about this and help us decide our other goals for 2011 at this months meeting.
Hope to see you all then, and Happy New Year!